Why Should I Join the CSTA?
- Membership in CSTA means belonging to a community dedicated to excellence in high school computer science education.
- Membership in CSTA gives you a say in the development of critical policies concerning curriculum, standards, and certification.
- Membership in CSTA gives you preferred access to vital professional development opportunities such as national symposia and workshops.
- Membership in CSTA gives you access to more relevant resources, including instructional materials.
- Membership in CSTA gives you access to cutting-edge research about current teaching practices and technologies.
- Membership in CSTA makes you part of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) family of 80,000 educators, researchers, and professionals world-wide.
Who should join as a CSTA Institutional Member?
Institutional Membership is open to any organization that supports education in computing and the goals and vision of the Computer Science Teachers Association. Institutional membership reflects participation by an organization (such as a university department or company) rather than by an individual. All university and college departments who are current CSTA Institutional members are invited to be listed as Sponsoring Schools. Institutional Members are required to specify a membership contact and a faculty contact.
Institutional Membership Benefits
- Listing on the CSTA Members Making a Difference page with link to your website
- Free email blasts to CSTA members regarding events at your institution*
- Promotion of events at your institution in the bi-monthly CSTA Voice
- Free copies of key CSTA publications
- Opportunities to announce your K-12 events on the CSTA website
- Opportunity for program profile article in CSTA Voice
- Access to in-house research results and reports
- Subscription to CSTA Connector, a quarterly newsletter for institutions doing K-12 outreach
- Two subscriptions to the CSTA Voice (quarterly publication)
- Full voting privileges for one individual
- TechNews, ACM’s tri-weekly online IT news digest
- MemberNet, ACM’s bimonthly online newsletter with the latest CSTA and ACM news
- Access to a selection of materials in the ACM Digital Library, especially chosen for K-12 educators
- Table of Contents email alerts for any ACM publication (magazines, journals, conference proceedings)
*This benefit is for educational institutions only but corporate members can purchase eblasts at a reduced rate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.