These are exciting times for CSTA, as we prepare to launch a new website as well as initiatives centered on professional development, advocacy and equity. Why not take this opportunity to help shape the future of the organization by running for the CSTA Board of Directors? There are five open positions on the board this year, four representing specific perspectives and a fifth, at-large position.
- 9-12 Representative: A classroom teacher who is currently teaching computer science at the high school level.
- At-Large Representative: An educator with responsibilities for K-12 CS education.
- International Representative: An international (outside the United States) classroom teacher who is currently teaching or promoting computer science at the pre-collegiate level.
- State Department Representative: An educator or administrator who reports to a state department of education and oversees, in some capacity, computer science education.
- University Faculty Representative: A faculty member from a university computing department offering graduate degrees in computer science.
To apply for one of these position, you simply need to submit a resume and a brief application form – details can be found at http://csta.acm.org/About/sub/AboutFiles/Election2016.html. The deadline for submissions is January 31 (11:59pm PST), so don’t wait too long. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Chair, CSTA Board of Directors